Wednesday, June 2, 2010

daytrip society

When my husband and I decided to spend the morning wandering through the shops on Dock Square in Kennebunkport, Maine we figured we'd be seeing a lot of lobsters and lighthouses (which certainly have their place in a small coastal town).  We were pleasantly surprised to turn in the door at the Daytrip Society and see a heavenly array of products that were anything but typical tourist.  Owners Jessica Jenkins and Andy West have stocked the store with items inspired by nature - both getting out into it and bringing it into the home.

Daytrip-Society-Collage


There were books, note cards, bird call noisemakers, pillows, toys for children, art supplies and so much more.  We spent the better part of an hour in the store looking at (and playing
with) everything.  I wanted to buy it ALL, but instead I sated myself with a twig pencil, a toy car for my son and a butterfly print to hang on my living room wall.  I know that next time I'm in Maine, the Daytrip Society will be right at the top of my list of places to visit - and I'll bring a little coin purse just for the occasion.


Daytrip-Society-Collage-2

Luckily for me and you, though, they have a beautiful website to shop from home.   You could find a gift for just about anyone here.  One that's unique and fun, to boot!

{images by me}



No comments:

Post a Comment