Monday, October 26, 2009

Cherry Blossom Baby Shower Theme

This Saturday I helped host a baby shower for my beautiful sister.  She's expecting her first baby in just over a month - and it's a girl!  As I was mulling over what theme to do for the shower, I came across a photo of two cupcakes with pink icing and chocolate covered cherries perched atop.  Aside from the thought that they were adorable it gave me an idea: how about a cherry blossom theme?  The blossoms give the party all the pink and frilly you could want while the red and white lend a balance that keeps it from being too pastel.

A few weeks prior to the party we sent out these invitations.  They're a digital print on cream card stock embellished with red brads (for the cherries) and hand-cut flowers (for the blossoms).

IMG_4478

To embellish the table, I made some Floral Pom Poms using carnation pink and dusty rose tissue paper.  This cherry blossom branch would have also been a nice touch; it, too, is made using tissue paper. 

200911

{The table spread; My sister, Brittany, and Suzanne - who was kind enough to let us host the shower in her home.}

Cherry Blossom Menu

{Here are links for the recipes I used: Old-Fashioned Cake Doughnuts and Dried Cherry Scones}

IMG_4595

{My fun little white cake pops.  I did intend to do pink chocolate, but when I added the red food color the chocolate immediately seized up.  Lesson learned: adding food dye to chocolate is fine - as long as the dye isn't water-based.  I still think them adorable in white.}

IMG_4597

We played three shower games: Don't Say Baby and the Memory Game first.  For the third I made coordinating thank you cards and had everyone write their name and address on an envelope.  They then put the envelope in a bag and we held a drawing at the end of the shower.  Now Brittany has all of her thank you notes stamped and pre-addressed and one less then to worry about before baby comes.  As prizes for the games I chose a Cherry sparkling cider, a cherry blossom and almond-scented hand soap and one of Faux Museum's fabulous frames

Everything really all turned out beautifully.  Fitting for one beautiful baby girl.



5 comments:

  1. Thanks, Pattie and Lana! They were both so fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello! i love the font on the invitation, would you happen to remember the name??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do! The font is called Pupcat.

    ReplyDelete