Monday, November 15, 2010

New at the Shop: Baby's Breath Stationery

Good morning, my dears!  How was your weekend?  Mine was wonderful.  Learning to give eye drops to a three year old was a little bit stressful at first, but thankfully we've got it all figured out now (thanks to spur-of-the-moment stories he actually enjoys it now...go figure) and we're back to normal again.  We were able to spend a lot of time just doing things together, which is always nice.


Plus, I went through all the photos on my computer and organized them.  There were so many!  I find that we have more digital files of photos than actual printed ones these days.  Is it the same for you, too?  I was forced to clean them out to make room for new photos of stationery for the shop.


Detail


The Baby's Breath stationery is one of my favorites.  I started designing it a few months ago with a friend's expected baby girl in mind.  She'd been recently diagnosed with a condition similar to, but more severe than, my Lily's.  As I was thinking about it I sat down to draw, which led to my sketching this spray of baby's breath.  It's name, fragility and delicate nature just seemed perfect for such a precious baby girl.  Lastly, as I was adding color, I decided to go with a blushing pink for the blossoms instead of the standard white because pink is the color of life.  


With-Envelope



2 comments:

  1. That's too funny...I often laugh at my frames around the house that are usually full of really old pictures because I just don't take the time to get them printed at the store since they're already downloaded into my computer. I just need to sit down and do it all at once. Thanks for the motivation.
    I LOVE the baby's breath stationary...it turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the baby's breath~just a beautiful card. So sorry to hear your friend's sad news. Please give her a hug from me..

    ReplyDelete