Thursday, September 3, 2009

A Brief Introduction



_MG_2067

Meet Lily.  On June 13th, 2009 she came into the world and changed our lives forever.


Lily was born with a condition called alobar holoprosencephaly, a
severely under-developed brain.  She had little control over her body
and spent the first few weeks of her life in the NICU.  Though her body
was weak, her spirit was strong.  She had the sweetest disposition, a
talent for bringing peace to those around her, and the cutest hiccups I
have ever heard.


She was with us for six wonderful weeks.  In that brief time she
impacted the lives of many around her.  Now that she’s gone, I hope to
continue the ripple of good she started.  Lily Jane Stationery, and
this blog, is my beginning.


To learn more about my Lily Jane, follow the link above titled “Lily’s Story.”

And now that
you’ve met Lily, let me introduce myself.  I am that beautiful baby’s
mama: Meredith.  I’m also the mother of a blonde-haired, blue-eyed
little boy.  The two of them combined are my greatest creations.


I love food, books and pretty things.  I especially love making food
and pretty things…alright, I’ll admit: eating the food trumps making
it.  And getting to show off those pretty things isn’t half bad, either.


My favorite food medium: butter.  My favorite pretty medium: paper. 
Paper’s a little easier to slide in an envelope and share with your
friends so I opted to design a stationery line.  It’s my hope that my
paper creations will slow the mailbox’s depressing demise and keep
distant friends feeling close.


For the days the mailman only brings me bills, there’s always something sinful in my kitchen.



No comments:

Post a Comment