Monday, September 21, 2009

Letterpress Class - Part 2

Saturday was the second class in my 2 weekend workshop.  And now I have goodies to share.  The class was on printing from photopolymer plates.  It was amazing to see a photo go to a computer image to a photopolymer plate...

IMG_4268


to an actual print...

IMG_4280

This particular print was done on rag paper.  The texture is so soft and luxurious and it allows the ink to bite (just a tiny bit) into the paper.

IMG_4279

We also made plates using a a red scratch film which we "traced" an image on to.  This is my work (the pitcher on the right) along with the work of 2 of my other classmates. 

IMG_4276


Since we made quite a few prints I've decided to sell a few of mine at Lily Jane Stationery.  I can't wait to learn more letterpress, but  I'm afraid the only classes available in my area are offered during fall and summer and I just missed the fall registration deadline.  So the question is which class should I take in the meantime?  Screenprinting, calligraphy or drawing?




No comments:

Post a Comment