Tuesday, June 1, 2010

beautiful boston

Hello, friends!  How was your extra-long weekend?  I just love having those few extra days off at the start of summer.  It seems the perfect way to mark the transition to the laid-back, sun-worshipping days that lie ahead.  I spent all of my spare time outside in the warm sunshine.  The weather in Boston and Maine this weekend was gorgeous. 

I'm happy to be back in the comfort of my own home again but, oh, this weekend was perfect!  I have fallen in love with the east coast and it's really no wonder.  Gorgeous, detailed architecture graces nearly every building; trees and water are beyond abundant (for this desert-dwelling girl, the landscape was incredible); and history practically oozes out of every nook and cranny.  It was like my own personal paradise.  In Boston we spent nearly the whole time just roaming around the city, trying to take it all in.  We used the Freedom Trail as our guide, stopping at Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market for lunch and some street entertainment. 


Boston-Collage

 Boston-Collage-2

I'm sure I could have spent weeks (or months) wandering the streets before I tired of it.  It was beautiful.  But we had a trip up to the coast of Maine planned, too, which turned out to be even more breathtaking.  I'll have more photos to share later today, so be sure to check back!

{images by Lily Jane Stationery}



No comments:

Post a Comment